Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lazy morning

Haven't done much yet this morning except take a shower and get dressed. Ev's still asleep, but when he gets up I guess we will go get some breakfast and run over to Rural King. We are out of dog food and they sell the kind we buy. I am a big fan of Hill's Science Diet products. I totally believe that feeding Nakia their product all those years is what kept her around. When she was with us we bough Hill's prescription dog food from the vet because she had special needs. Once she passed, we switched over to their product that isn't a prescription, but is still a fantastic food to feed a pet. It's not cheap, but it is definitely worth the money. It keeps your pet healthy so you save in the long run by not having veterinary bills.

While we are at Rural King I'm sure we will pick up some pig's ears for the dogs as treats. They sell them there in bulk, which means you have to pick through the bin of them and put them in a sack to take to the counter. Well, that doesn't bother me, except they are a little greasy, but it cracks me up because I'm always the one who has to do that part. Ev seems to manage to squiggle out of it! haha.

Isn't this tree pretty? I took a picture yesterday morning when I went out to the car to go to work. It's our big Sweetgum Tree in the front yard. The snow and ice always make this tree look like a work of art.

When we had that bad ice storm years ago this tree really took a pounding. The upper portion of it sheared off from the weight of the ice. For a couple years after that it looked so sad, seeing that raw scar right at the top of the tree. Since then it has filled in at the top and unless you know what to look for, you would not even know it had lost those branches.



The road in front of the house had some snow on it yesterday morning, too, of course. Driving wasn't bad in the morning when it was just snow. It didn't warm up much during the day, then the temp started to drop in the late afternoon. By evening the roads were icy and slick. It wasn't bad on the roads that were well traveled, but the side streets were tricky to maneuver on. When you got out in areas by fields, there was some blowing and drifting to contend with also. Diane and I found that out when we went over to Decamp Junction for dinner last night. I really miss Tilley's. Hope someone else opens it up and makes a go of it!

I got bored at work yesterday about half an hour before quitting time. This was about the only productive, and I use the word loosely, thing I did for that last half hour.



Then I ate the clementines/eyes! On the new Weight Watcher's program fruit is a "free" food, so I'm taking advantage of that! I love fruits and veggies.

No comments: