Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Race to the finish


It's no secret that the machine I sew on is an old model. It has metal gears and likes to be oiled on a regular basis. So, I'm upstairs this evening, sewing away on the triangle papers and I hear this 'click, click, click' sound. I stop sewing and the sound stops. I start sewing again and hear it again. It doesn't sound like it's coming from the machine but that's the only thing running in the room. Or so I thought. The next time I hear it, I look behind me and on the floor is Wrigley. She is sleeping and when the machine motor runs, she runs in her sleep. See where here back paws are? They are touching the metal leg of a table and when she 'runs' in her sleep, her toenails go 'click, click, click' on the leg of table!

Here's the stack of papers and material all sewn together. There are 25 sheets of triangle papers all ready to get cut apart.

Here's what they look like on the back. I kind of like the way the thread makes a pattern. It looks like a heart to me, or a ribbon tied into a bow.

Do you ever get antsy to finish a spool of thread just so you can start another one? Well, I'm down to the last part of what was once a large cone of thread and I'm anticipating starting that brand new cone that's still in the plastic wrap.

I made clam chowder for dinner tonight. I'm back on my weight loss program and made sure I saved enough points so I could have some for dinner. It was very good. I had a chef's salad for lunch today. One of my new favorite things for breakfast is McDonald's new maple oatmeal with fruit in it. I think I will have that tomorrow morning for breakfast.

While sewing tonight I had the television on. President Obama was speaking at the memorial service in Tuscon for the victims of the shooting. My heart and prayers go out to the families and community. It's heartbreaking. I can't even begin to imagine.

No comments: