Friday, January 14, 2011

A few things that make me smile


Wouldn't you love to be a cat, just for a day? Look at that lazy guy, all curled up, not a care in the world! He sleeps with his head upside down sometimes and it just makes me smile.


Something else that makes me smile is this great dinner I had! I made homemade veggie burgers again, put some fat free sour cream with herbs and spices on top, steamed some broccoli and baked some fries. It was yummy and healthy! I realized this evening that I did not eat any meat at all today and didn't miss it, either! I'm not turning into a vegetarian, just find I don't have a taste for it as much.


Speaking of vegetarians, here's my son, preparing his dinner of veggie burgers. I added hot sauce and olives to his burgers, something he likes and I'm not a fan of. Well, hot sauce I like, but definitely not olives! I wonder if all vegetarians wear plaids and stripes together? He has inherited my lack of fashion sense, that's for sure. I don't think he went out of the house like that. He is just trying to stay warm.

One thing I really like about snow, and I think about it every morning when I go out the door to work, is the way it crunches and squeaks under foot. Only a certain kind of snow will have that squeak, or maybe it's only when the temperature is at a certain point that it will do that. Anyway, it's something else that makes me smile.

There is a store that makes custom window treatments that is giving away all their sample books. The gal said each booklet has tons of fabric samples, enough to make a couple of squares from each one, and if I wanted any, I was welcome to come down tomorrow and pick them up. I think I will do that first thing. I hope the material is not all drapery fabric, that there are some usable cottons in it.

No comments: