Thursday, July 28, 2011

45 productive minutes this morning

I am on a roll!  Went up and pressed and cut material into strips for 7 more blocks.  Since I can't run the iron and the a/c up there at the same time, doing the ironing early in the morning is the best plan.  Tonight when I get home I'll put the a/c on while I'm making supper and hope that it cools off enough so that I can go up later and sew.  Breaking this project down into segments of 7 blocks at a time was not planned, but it is working out very well. 

I have one more stack of greens to make blocks from after this current set of 7 is done.  I'm anxious to move on to the next color.  Don't know if I'll do reds or blues.  Blue is one of my favorites and I'm kind of saving it.  Also have some browns to work with.  It's just so much fun, playing with all these fabrics and colors and patterns.

Might make blt sandwiches again for dinner.  The temp is supposed to reach 100 again today, so I don't want to heat up the house any more than necessary.  That air conditioning is working prety hard and anything I can do to lessen it is a good thing.  Not sure yet.  Since Nick might be over for dinner with his friend, I have to find out if they will be eating at the house.  If so, I have to make something vegetarian.  They do have vegetarian bacon, so maybe I'll try that.  Just not going to stress over it, that's for sure!  Hey, I may just order pizza!  Always an easy fix!

No comments: