Friday, July 22, 2011

Another 36 patch

Told you I was addicted!  Crazy thing is, I'm considering going up and making a third one and I'm already in bed for the night!  In an effort to beat the heat upstairs, I started using the Ott Light my dad gave me a couple years ago as a task light when I cut and press.  I have a task light above the sewing machine, so I really don't have to put the overhead light on if I don't want to.

Because the air conditioner and the outlets in the sewing room are on the same circuit, I have to turn the window unit off when I want to use the iron upstairs.  It would blow a circuit if I didn't.  I could always bring the material down here, but right now it's not a big deal because I just press enough material for one block at a time.  Not the way I usually work, but that's okay too.  Kind of refreshing to see 'instant' progress in the form of a finished block, rather than having all the pieces stacked up to press, then cut, then sew...  In this case, because of the scrappiness and all of the block, I think this method is going to work better for me.

Here is what the two blocks look like.  I doubt I'll have two purple blocks together in the top, but as I said in an earlier post, I need a lot of blocks and I just started with my favorite color!  There are a couple pieces of fabric in the corner of the pic that are probably going to be the next block I make.

Nick came over after 9 tonight.  He texted and asked if there was anything to eat here!  Well, it wasn't a big deal to make him a couple quesadillas, so I did, but I'm not staying up with him.  He's waiting for his dad to get home, then will probably head back home.

No comments: