Tuesday, July 19, 2011

When it rains, it pours...

This seems to have been the season of repair and replace around here.  It kicked off with a bang when we had to replace the pool liner.  We all know the trials and tribulations that accompanied that adventure...

Then the washing machine gave it up.  Had to replace it, and in the spirit of things replaced the dryer too, since it is around 20 years old.  It's not here yet, but at least the washer is and I'm still using the old dryer, but I digress...

Yesterday I came home from work at lunch and when it was time to go back to work I could not get out of the front door.  Something had broken on the latch.  Replaced the lock tonight.

And then there have been the animals and the fleas...  Oh have there been the animals and the fleas...  After a total of 24 bug bombs, set off at two different times (yes, this was extreme over kill, but I wanted those bugs GONE), multiple baths for the cat (the main offender) and different medicines, we finally are rid of the nasty things.  I'm baring my soul here about them and I'm hoping that no one out there in blog land judges me for this problem.  We are not dirty people, in any way shape or form.  It's a bad year for them and once they get a hold it seems difficult to shake them.  But I do believe we are done now.  At least I hope so!

And then today another hit.  The television in the front room aired it's last.  Just as with the dryer, although the television is not 20, it has given us many good years so I cannot complain about it.  Well, I can complain but it won't do any good.

All of these things, plus the wage and hour cut at work have made for a wonderful (tongue in cheek here, folks) first half of 2011.  Let's hope that we have gotten all the unpleasantness out of the way now, huh?  Okay?  Good....

I will end with this comment.  If these are the worse things that are going to happen to me, I AM DOING PRETTY DAG GONE GOOD!  THANK YOU GOD!  amen.  :)

No comments: