Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday equals hot sunshine

In an effort to get a little fresh air this morning before it got unbearably hot, which it did (heat index at 97 right now), I went to sit out on the front porch.  Ivy wanted to come out with me, but I had to keep her on the leash.  I'm going to try and teach her to stay up on the porch with me, but for now, the leash will have to stay on.  Ivy sniffed around a bit, then climbed right on up on the other half of the swing!  I had been gently rocking before she got up there and continued to do so once she got settled.  I think she liked it.

I finished the baby quilt this morning.  Just folded over the backing material for binding and free motioned the year and my initials in it.  Will post a picture later.  I am pleased with the end result.  Still planning to donate it to the poker run next month.

I started rearranging the sewing room today.  I want to have the one sewing machine set up with string blocks all the time, or something equally simple, so that I can do some mindless sewing whenever I want to just sew and not have to decide on what project to work on.  It was really warm upstairs, even with the a/c and the fan on, so I couldn't do too much at one time, but I at least have the machine set up on the table.  May go up and work on it a little more later if the rooms cool off some.

Now for something completely different...  haha.  When Ev and I were at the restaurant this morning, our neighbor and her boyfriend came in to eat.  Since it was very crowded and there were no empty tables, they sat with us.  Her boyfriend mentioned that his mom has some young hens and a couple roosters she wants to get rid of.  I texted my friend Barb from work because she lost her chickens to a fox or something a couple weeks ago.  I think she will probably go get them.

1 comment:

Jo said...

The heat here is nasty too. I figure it's a good excuse to stay in and SEW!