Friday, July 22, 2011

My 36 patch

I think this is going to be an addiction.  Crazy Mom Quilts quilt-a-long with the 36 patch blocks is going to be lots of fun!  Thank you, cmq, for giving me the inspiration to make this block.  What I like about it, well there are several things I like, but one of them is that it's just squares and I like the combination of light and dark contrasting fabrics.  I like the precision of matching corners.  I like that I can use up a lot of different fabrics.  Fun, fun, fun!

Still plenty hot here.  Got to 101 today.  yuck.  That was the actual temperature.  Not sure what the heat index was, but I know it wasn't good.  Really worried about Ev at that factory.  He's on 12 hours today and that is just ridiculous.  At least he has the weekend off.

Tomorrow we are going out with friends to Buffalo Wild Wings.  Ev hasn't been there yet and I think he will like it.  Going to go early in the evening, so hopefully we won't have to wait too long to get a seat.  The guys always give us grief about picking places where we end up waiting a long time for a table....

Got off early today.  I was really dragging at work after only getting a few hours of sleep.  Came home and took almost a two hour nap!  Felt pretty good!  I had put the a/c on upstairs before I laid down, so it's not too horrible hot up there.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Looking good! Crazy Mom does such nice quilt alongs. You are sure to enjoy yourself.