Sunday, July 24, 2011

Seven blocks done!


Here's my progress so far!  Seven blocks done, 65 to go!  Hee hee.  I spent quite a few hours in the sewing room this weekend.  This afternoon and evening it cooled off enough so that I didn't have to have the air conditioning on up there since it had been on all night.  That meant I could use the iron without blowing a circuit, so I pressed 14 more pieces of fabric to make seven more blocks.  I also cut them into strips, so I'm ready to rock and roll anytime this week.  These blocks are so refreshing to make because each one is different.  I'm working with greens and yellows next.  Ev and Nick helped me pair up some of the fabrics.

The guys got the tire fixed on the car today and everything is back to normal with it, thankfully!  Glad it wasn't worse than just a patch for the tire.  I think Ev wanted to get it fixed fast so that I wouldn't have an excuse to drive his truck more!  haha.  I did take the truck to the produce stand and got some goodies.  Corn, zuchini, tomatoes, peaches, nectarines, strawberries, onions, potatoes, all kinds of goodies!  I got a little bit of everything.  I also went over to my friend Donna's and picked some green beans, just a handful, really, to make a meal tomorrow.  I invited my sister over for dinner and I'm going to get some fried chicken, but thought that some green beans and corn on the cob would be good with it.

No comments: