Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Water temp was 90 degrees!

Yes, you read that right.  The water temperature in the pool was 90 degrees last night when I got in.  Considering the fact that this heat does not abate in the evenings, I'm guessing the temp is going to stay warm for a while. 

And it's just too hot to go upstairs and sew.  The little a/c window unit can't cool it off in these temps and I just can't sit up there when it's this warm.  It's making me grouchy.  I have decided to bring some fabric downstairs to cut for a project.  I'm thinking of doing the quilt along with crazymomquilts.  She has a 36 patch block she is doing that looks like a good project for me right now.  Ha.  Like I need another project.  I know, I know, the Roll Roll Cotton Boll is aging nicely in the corner....  (I'm BORED with it right now, cut me some slack!  See, told you I was grouchy...)  Anyway, I thought I might use some thrift store shirts and make a variety of 36 patch blocks that finish at 12". 

My hubby was supposed to work another grueling 12 hours in the factory in this heat today.  Yesterday was wicked to him and he came home completely drained, barely able to move.  I convinced him not to go in for the first 4 hours, which are not his shift but are the o.t. he was supposed to cover.  He will have to take a half point for that, but it's worth it in this heat.  He is supposed to work 12's the rest of the week, but we will see what happens.  One of the supervisors is telling the guys no overtime, jsut to work their straight 8 hours, but the other guy is being unreasonable.  No amount of money is worth his health.

No comments: