Saturday, July 16, 2011

Such a nice morning

Here in the Midwest we are experiencing a very hot summer.  Yesterday and today have been a little less hot but tomorrow we are supposed to get right back up in the high 90's and into the 100's for several days in a row.  I'm taking advantage of this break in the weather to sit outside this morning on the deck and just enjoy some fresh air and the slight breeze that blows once in a while.  Ivy is investigating a noise she just heard that sounded suspiciously like a squirrel jumping from the tree to the roof!  We have a pecan tree in the back yard and a sweetgum tree in the front so the squirrels use the roof as their highway.  It's kind of neat to be upstairs in the sewing room, which looks out over the front porch roof towards the sweetgum, and to hear, then see a squirrel heading one way or another.

Ev says he has to work again tonight, but since it is Saturday there is always a chance they will call him off.The guy needs a break from this heat.  That factory gets unbearably hot.

I have been working on machine quilting the baby quilt.  Unfortunately I find myself also getting bored with it.  I'm blaming this on the fact that I'm just not that nuts about this quilt.  Here's as far as I have gotten on it:

I've got about half of the quilting done in the colored areas.  Still not completely decided on what to quilt in the black.  Leaning toward a vine of leaves, since the colored area has the flowers in it.  Donna came over last night and commented that my machine quilting was getting better and that really really made me feel good!  Thanks, Donna!  She brought over what she is working on.  It's pieced blocks with frogs and dragonflies.  I like it a lot!  She has a couple more rows to do then the borders.

My nephew's birthday was this past week and my brother is having a party for him out at my dad's tonight.  If Ev is working it will just be me going to the party, and maybe Nick.  I doubt Johanna and Ben would come.

My neighbor just walked over, so I'm going to visit for a while!

No comments: