Saturday, July 2, 2011

Six pies and counting

I was a busy person today!  Here are six, yes six! blueberry sour cream pies.  This recipe came from one of the blogs I follow, Jo's Country Junction.  Here's a link to her recipe:  http://www.joscountryjunction.com/?p=1944
The pies turned out very good.  I took two of them to my dad's for a cookout this evening.  On the way there we dropped one pie off at my uncle's.  He was very appreciative of it, as always!  I also dropped one off at my friend Donna's.  She in turn gave me a plate with a little bit of the goodies she baked yesterday.  It had banana bread, banana pound cake, and banana bars with cream cheese frosting on them.  I haven't tried any of her goodies yet but they smell and look really good.

Nick and Johanna and Ben came out to the cookout.  Johanna and Ben didn't stay long at all.  Nick came back to the house and took a swim.  He's staying here tonight.  When he was sitting here petting the cat he saw a flea on her!  This is not acceptable at all.  I pay good money for the flea medicine from the vet for the dog and cat every month.  So, because I can't even stand the idea of fleas, I coerced Nick into helping me bathe the cat and the dog.  It wasn't as bad as it could have been.  Let's hope the buggers are gone now!  Might have to bomb the house just to make sure.  See what Ev has to say about it tomorrow.  He's out like a light right now.  Spent a lot of time on his bike today and I think the heat took a lot out of him.

Put the binding on one of the wall hangings today.  It just needs the hanging sleeve and it will be done.

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Those pies look delicious!

Hopefully it was just one flea.

LaDonna