Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jump starting the day

Well, I've already done laundry and dishes and mopped the floor and combed the cat.  Guess I'm done with work for the day!  Oh, wait, no one else is up yet and I promised a big breakfast...sigh.  I'm going to take a shower and then cook and if these guys don't get up by then, they are just going to have to eat it cold because I'm not going to lose the entire day cooking and cleaning!

Did some sewing yesterday.  Finished putting together those last seven blocks.  Picked out more fabric pairs, cut material, ironed it, and have about half of it cut into the strips I need to start piecing with.  When Johanna and Ben leave I will go up there and get back to it.  Feel like making some progress on that project today!

Later today I did invite Nick and Bethany over to make homemade pizza.  Johanna and Ben are also invited, but I kinda doubt they will come since they were here overnight and all.  I'm cheating this time because I bought pre-made pizza dough that comes in a tube in the refrigerated section.  Hey, it's less mess and I'm all for that.  When it's this hot out, the less time I'm in the kitchen the better.

Lori and I went to a rummage sale here in town yesterday.  I got the cutest basket to use in the sewing room.  It will be just right to put finished pieces in while I'm working on a project.  Also picked up an almost finished needlework project.  Just like with crocheted doilies and cross stitched pillow cases, I can't stand to think of all the work someone put into something like that for it to just end up in a land fill.

My dryer should be coming this week, hooray!  I'll be glad to get the old appliances out of here and sent to the scrap yard.  Although I will feel a twinge about the dryer going.  After all, it's been with us 20 years...  haha.

Yesterday the news said it was the first day in 21 days that the high temp was not in the 90's.  It was only 87!  sheesh.  We had the fourth hottest July on record.  I'm ready for Winter...

No comments: