Friday, July 22, 2011

Fire in my neighborhood

Can't see what it is, really, but you can see the outline of a person, might be my hubby, but could be the cop.  Ev got home from work and when he went to let the dog out saw something on fire across the street behind the house.  Turned out to be a mobile home/rv parked on the side and by the alley.  It was completely engulfed in flames.  He came in and told me to call the fire department, which I did, and I have to say I didn't do a very good job because I could not for the life of me remember what the name of the street was because it's a block over.  I've only lived in this town most of my life but I digress...  It didn't help that the dispatcher didn't even know what town I was calling from, but I guess that's because it was on my cell.  It seemed to take forever for the police and then the fire department to get here.  Thankfully no one was hurt.  I was surprised at how QUIET fire is, at least until it starts popping windows and stuff.  Luckily no gasoline or propane exploded.  If someone had been in it, they would have been a goner.  It went up fast and it burned hot.  And stink!  My eyes are still burning from the smoke.  I have to be up in a few hours, but I'm pretty wound up.  I woke the neighbors in the alley and Ev woke the house that the rv was parked in the yard at.  Neighbor in the alley has a garage and driveway back there with his truck in it.  He moved it right away, but I'm guessing the garage will have some melted siding on it.

No comments: