Monday, July 4, 2011

Good puppy

Ivy was such a good puppy tonight.  I wanted to sit outside and watch the fireworks that our neighbors shoot off.  I was concerned that Ivy would tear stuff up in the house, because she seemed nervous last night from the noise.  I brought her outside with me on the deck so she would be by me and maybe not be so nervous.  I was worried, though, that the noise would be too much since we were outside.  Well, she was just about the best dog ever.  She just laid down next to me and watched the show!  It was so cute, to watch her head follow the fireworks into the sky.  She didn't bark or whine at all, except when someone would walk outside the fence, she would bark then, but that's what she always does.

I spent some time up in the sewing room today.  Thing One and Thing Two are both bound and I have the hanging sleeves ready to be attached.  That is hand work I will do one night this week while watching t.v.  Johanna chose Thing One for herself, so I'll be taking Mary Thing Two as a gift.  Oh, and I need to label or sign them.

I also pin basted the baby quilt.  I've got the bobbins wound and the machine threaded and ready to start machine quilting on it.  This is another leap of faith - I'm going to 'just do it'!  ha ha.

Nick, Johanna and Ben were all here this afternoon.  Ev grilled some steaks and big mushrooms.  I made the other trimmings.  It was a really good meal.  It was nice to have the kids home for a while.

Still fighting the flea fight.  Broke down and got a flea collar for the cat.  Also got a flea comb.  I put the collar on her this morning.  Tonight I used the flea comb and got a couple off her, but they were real sluggish, so I think the meds and the collar are working.  Ivy doesn't seem to have the issues that Shadow cat had.  The meds might be working on her better.  I sure hope so!  I'm not worried about the house being infested, because Ev vacuums constantly and I change the linens quite frequently.  If it continues to be a problem we will bug bomb the house, though.

No comments: