Monday, July 25, 2011

Unexpected hour of sewing

Yesterday night I posted that I had cut strips for seven more blocks and was ready to sew them up anytime.  Well, that opportunity presented itself this morning when I got up a few minutes earlier than usual.  Since things were ready to be sewn, I just went upstairs and got right to it!  I sewed all the strips together for seven more blocks.  Now I need to cut the strips apart into segments to make the block.  These come together pretty quickly, so if I get upstairs tonight for any length of time, it would not be unreasonable to finish a few more blocks!  Seems like once the pressing and cutting is done, I can move pretty fast on any blocks.  Since I have the fabrics paired up for several more blocks and don't need to rummage through the bins of material (although I do enjoy that part!) I don't find the pressing and cutting part to be quite as daunting a task as it could be.  That's something I can do sitting down at my table in front of the t.v. upstairs, so it doesn't feel like as big a task.

My sister is supposed to come for dinner tonight.  I'm going to stop and get fried chicken on my way home from work.  It will come with two sides so I'll get mashed potatoes and salad.  We can have corn on the cob and green beans and really have a nice meal!  I do have to text her and make sure she likes green beans.  She's a bit of a fussy eater...  Hard to believe she is my sister because she doesn't like tomatoes!  haha.

No comments: