Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Someone turn the air conditioning on outside, please...

Went home at lunch and had to force myself to go back to work! 

The more I think about doing the 36 patch block, the more I want to do it.  I don't think I'm going to use shirts though.  I looked at cmq's website again and at her blocks and I really liked the fresh and whimsical contrasting fabrics she is using.  I think I can come up with some really fun combinations from my stash with a lot less prep and brain work than using shirts! 

What I really should do with all the shirts I have is cut them into strips.  I don't think I would do all the sizes like Bonnie Hunter does, maybe even just doing 2-1/2" strips.  Or maybe do all strips in that size except for the backs and leave the back pieces whole.  I don't know.  Not something I'm even going to think about right now.

This morning when I was coming to work on Old Route 66, I had a scary moment.  Rt. 66 is just a 2 lane road for most of my drive.  It is striped, which is a good thing.  Well, coming at me was a cement mixer truck with vehicles behind it.  Behind me were a couple cars following fairly close, but luckily not too close.  The vehicle directly behind the cement mixer decides to pass and gets over into my lane, coming head on at me!  There was no time for this, with the short distance that was between us!  I put the brakes on and started to steer toward the (very slim) shoulder and ditch.  Fortunately the guy who was trying to pass changed his mind, because he got back behind the truck.  I'm also grateful that the people behind me were awake!  Incidents like this make me want to quit driving sometimes!

I know the tomatoes aren't quite as good as they will be in a few weeks, but tonight I'm going to make bacon lettuce and tomato sandwiches for dinner.  We can have those with chips and it will be an easy, no mess, meal.  I say no mess because I'm going to use microwave bacon.  Gotta love that stuff.  Don't love the price, but love the easiness of it!

No comments: