Friday, July 8, 2011

How much is that froggy in the window?

The other night I was going down the basement and happened to look out the back porch window and saw this little frog just hangin' around!  It cracked me up!  I had to take this picture and show Ev because those little peeper frogs drive him nuts.  I like the little buggers.  heeheehee.

Went over to my uncle's tonight.  He called to say he had a few extra cucumbers and asked if I wanted them.  I took him some Italian beef that I made for supper and a couple of onion rolls.

I was upstairs sewing when he called but I was at a stopping point.  Probably won't get back up there tonight again.  I was doing some free motion quilting on the baby quilt.  I decided to do a leaf pattern in the black borders but couldn't figure out what I wanted to do in the other parts.  Settled on a small flower connected by gently curving lines.  Decided to so the flower sections first because they were in the center, and work my way out to the borders.

Tomorrow morning I'm meeting my friend from up north in Arthur.  Originally she and I were going to take our daughters to the outlet mall in Tuscola and spend the night.  Then I got sick and we had to change the date, then the girls couldn't go.  So we changed it from the mall to the Amish shops.  I'm pretty sure she will like that a lot better.  I know I will!  We probably won't spend the night.

I finished putting the hanging sleeve on Thing Two and put my initials and the year on the back.  Thing One isn't completely done yet, but I'm going to wait to give that to Johanna when her and Ben move next month.  Thing Two is going to my friend tomorrow.  I hope she likes it.

I have got to get back on my diet.  This weight just creeps up on me when I'm not dieting and I'm afraid for my health if I get as heavy as I was again.  If I could lose the 20 I gained back, I would be happy to stay there.  It's not an ideal weight for me, but it was good enough to keep my blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar numbers in check.

Going to have to work on cleaning the basement a little bit Sunday.  My new washer will be delivered next week and the guy is going to have to get through the maze somehow!  sigh.

No comments: