Saturday, July 23, 2011

The early bird gets the worm

Or in this case, the early bird gets to do some ironing before it gets too hot!  I woke up at 6 to let the dog out (thank you, Ivy, for keeping me on schedule all 7 days of the week, even those that don't require me to be up at the crack of dawn) and was fully awake, so I went upstairs.  I didn't turn the a/c unit on right away because it wasn't just horrible up there and I wanted to get some fabrics pressed so I could cut them for more 36 patch blocks.  I got enough fabrics pressed to make 5 more blocks, still all in purples.  Turned on the a/c then (it was getting close to 90 up there and that was just too much) and cut strips for those five blocks.  I'm all set to start sewing in a little bit.  Came back downstairs and laid down again because Ev is still  out like a light and I'm basically lazy!  Going to take my shower now and get moving.  Probably throw a load of wash in and do up a few dishes.  The dishwashing fairy missed our house again.  sigh.

No comments: