Saturday, July 23, 2011

My husband, my hero

Yes, my darling hubby is my hero.  Coming home from dinner today, wouldn't you know it, but we had a flat tire right when we were getting off the interstate at our exit.  Faster than any pit crew I've ever seen, Ev had the tire off and the donut spare on!  He said he wanted to make sure it got done quickly so I didn't have to be in the heat very long!  He worries too much...but I sure appreciated it!  Oh, and by the way, I've never seen any pit crews, just for the record...  haha.

I did do some more sewing when I got home, but only finished one more block.  The other three won't take but a couple minutes, I just got sidetracked.  Nick called and asked if I would make him a grilled cheese, as he was on his way home and wanted to stop here for a bit.  Sigh.  Yes, I know I seem to be the short order cook around here lately, but that seems to be part of the definition of "mom". 

I did get compensation from him in the form of his opinion on some material.  I needed a fresh set of eyes to help me match up some colors for more blocks.  I was working out of the green stash.  Ev helped me a bit earlier, but there were a few fabrics that I just couldn't place with any others.  Nick found some combinations that I didn't.  Still have a few fabrics that haven't matched up with anything yet, but that's okay.  I'm farther along than I was at the beginning of the day!  Some of the greens had too much of a yellow tint to work with any of my true greens, so I think they might find matching colors when I work out of the yellow stash.

No comments: