Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave...

This heat is horrible!  Yesterday the heat index was 115 degrees!  It is not fit for man nor beast.  I'm ready for snow.  Yes, I have had enough of Summer, it can be Fall anytime now.  sigh.

Do not tell my husband, but I did not take the last pill of my antibiotics.  These were the nastiest pills I have had to take in a long time.  They made me sick to my stomach, and all that goes along with that, plus they messed up my sleep, and a whole host of other things.  yuck, yuck, yuck.  Do I sound like a spoiled child?  I don't think skipping the very last pill will make any difference one way or another at this late stage in the game, especially since this was my second round of antibiotics.  I feel like I'm about 80% back to normal and on the mend.

Ivy does not like the heat either.  She is a big black dog and I think that she just gets hot really fast when she goes outside.  I was thinking last night that Wrigley would really be suffering in this weather.  Last summer she had a difficult time with it, mostly because of her weight I believe.  And there's some guilt for me in that because I let her get fat...  At least she isn't suffering now.  I do miss that dog.  And I miss Nakia a lot, too.  These animals really get into your heart.

Didn't do much in the way of sewing last night.  Just caught up on my quilt journal/log.  I wonder if non-quilters have any idea how long it actually takes to do even a small project like a wall hanging?  When I sit down to sew I usually write the time on a scrap of paper, then when I am done I write the end time down, and a little note of what I was doing.  Then I transfer that info into my quilt journal when I get a chance.  Sometimes I will sit down at different times throughout the day, usually on a weekend, and when I add up the time it will be 5, 6, or 7 hours that I sewed that day!  And then there are the days I come home from work and just spend 20 minutes up there.

Worried about Ev working in that factory in this heat.  He said it was 112 degrees by his machine last night.  He was supposed to work overtime but the supervisor told them all no o.t. in this heat.  8 hours is long enough!

I made meatballs last night for supper.  They were really really good!  Put them on some rolls I had in the freezer with some spaghetti sauce and cheese.  Made a nice sandwich for supper.  I made a total of 36 meatballs and put the extra in the fridge.  I think I'll made a cream sauce later in the week and have Swedish Meatballs one night.

No comments: